My Peeps

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The stuff dreams are made of...

Until recently, I was a worship pastor for an amazingly awesome, creative, relevant, not-ur-run-of-the-mill kinda church. It was a dream job for me. One I didn't even know I would love as much as I did. I loved every thing about it! It was all I had ever dreamed of. I got to sing and arrange music and get the opportunity to hang with creatives and learn from brilliant leaders...AND I actually got PAID FOR IT! I know? Saaweeet! Right?!!...

...Well, I realized very quickly that my job didn't JUST require me to make song sets and sing pretty on the weekends. I had to learn how to communicate vision, create structure, rules and procedures; inspire creativity, counsel hurts; play referee and be the lead cheerleader for my team. I learned a lot about myself. I learned that not only did I love music and the creative world... but I LOVED people. I also learned that without that love for people, I'm miserable and lost. I learned that I have a gift of making the most "closed off" or private person, open up and share their heart. Not because I'm awesome, but because that's how God has gifted me me. I learned a lot about communicating with others, and how important it was to communicate in "their language/style". (Which is quite difficult sometimes). I learned that outside of worshiping my sweet Jesus with other believers, nothing fulfilled my heart more than inspiring others to live a life of purpose, purposefully. I love figuring out what a person's passion is and what they're good at and then helping them accomplish it, by overcoming negative mindsets that have held them back.

So, all that to say, I'm excited. I'm excited because I have MORE to learn. I'm in a new city, with new people, a new church, and new adventures awaiting me. I'm also excited because - I'm about to enroll in a course that will help me to fulfill my passion to empower people to accomplish their goals and dreams. No matter what environment I'm in, in a church small group, in a workplace/office; working as a school volunteer, or even within my own family; I will be able to utilize the skills I'm going to learn about how to bring the best out of people. My hubby is excited because I'll be able to CHARGE for my extended time with people too. hehe

Classes start in January. I have mixed emotions. I'm excited and VERY nervous. But, this is definitely something I HAVE to do. I believe it will help give me the skills I need to take my natural gifts to another level of excellence and effectiveness. I want to use my own journey to inspire others to achieve their own goals as well.

"There are some people who live in a dream world,
and there are some who face reality
and then there are those who turn one into the other."
~ Douglas Everett

2 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you, my dear sweet Angie! Just try not to show up the instructor's too much when it turns out you already know everything they're teaching! ;) I'm glad I got your services before you start chargine for them. Hehehe... Thank you so much for helping me realize and understand my talents and passions, and for giving me a safe place to grow in and practice them! I know you're going to do GREAT things with this!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So excited for you! This is just the beginning...

    ReplyDelete